Leave a Legacy
|Leave a Legacy||Case for Support||Women’s Place Legacy Circle||Deborah’s Story||Frequently Asked Questions||Have your Will prepared for FREE!|
Leave a Legacy
Your gift…their future
Through a legacy gift to Women’s Place, you can leave your own mark on the world by helping us create a world without domestic violence.
Over 1.5 million Canadians have already chosen to support a cause close to their heart. By selecting Women’s Place, you are empowering women to transition to violence-free and meaningful lives. The following are some of the reasons to remember Women’s Place when you make your Legacy Gift:
- To prevent others from experiencing domestic violence
- To leave the world a better place
- To extend your generosity and compassion beyond immediate family and friends
- To feel fulfilled knowing you are helping others to the greatest possible degree
- To give back for support and services you received
- To maximize tax benefits to your estate
1 in 4 women will be a victim of domestic violence. Since 2014, two women in Niagara have been murdered by their intimate partner, and on average the Niagara Regional Police respond to 7,000 domestic violence calls annually.
Legacy Giving – Wills & Bequests
A gift in your Will to Women’s Place is a simple way to leave your personal legacy
A Will is the easiest and most effective way to ensure that you fully provide for your family and that your assets are distributed according to your wishes.
There are a number of ways to leave a bequest
- Leave a dollar amount – you can select the dollar value you would like to donate to Women’s Place
- Give a percentage – a percentage of your estate will be provided to Women’s Place
- Remaining funds – once you have provided for the needs of your loved ones, the remaining amount of your estate can be distributed to Women’s Place.
How to Leave a Gift in Your Will
To leave a gift from your estate to help end violence in Niagara, the following words can be used:
“I give the sum of _________ to Women’s Place of South Niagara Inc. to be used for its general purposes as Women’s Place of South Niagara Inc. sees fit.”
We suggest you contact and work with your financial advisor or lawyer who can help you plan a bequest that best fits your wishes. If you have already made arrangements to include Women’s Place in your will, please notify us so we can invite you into our Legacy Circle.
|When preparing your bequest, please use our full name
Women’s Place of South Niagara Inc. and mailing address
P.O. Box 853, Niagara Falls ON L2E 6V6
To talk to us about leaving a legacy gift to Women’s Place, call Amanda Braet 905-356-3933 ext 240 or by email Amanda@wpsn.ca.
As a way of saying thank you to those who remember Women’s Place as part of their legacy, we will offer you an exclusive membership into the Women’s Place Legacy Circle.
Other common ways to leave a lasting legacy without affecting your present lifestyle include:
|Life Insurance||RRSP/ RRIF Funds||Gift of Securities|
Many other methods of legacy gifts are available, please consult your financial advisor or lawyer to determine what suits your needs best.
Information about the Leave a Legacy program is also available in pdf format.